Tomato Cracker Salad
An easy Southern appetizer, snack, or lunch- this 'salad' features garden fresh tomatoes, buttery crackers, and sliced green onions in a creamy mayo dressing- like a deconstructed tomato sandwich.
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, preferably fresh off the vine
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, coarsely broken
- 1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
To a medium sized mixing bowl, add the tomatoes & mayo. Gently stir, just until evenly incorporated and the tomatoes are well coated. Salt & pepper, to taste, but using much more pepper than salt.
Stir in the crackers & onions, again just until evenly incorporated. Serve right away, either as is or with lettuce leaves for wraps.