Down Home Milk & Honey Corn On The Cob
The best recipe for juicy, tender sweet corn that's as easy to make as it is to devour at dinner
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time22 mins
- 8-10 ears of fresh shucked, and well rinsed sweet corn
- 1 cup of 2 % or whole milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of Cajun or Creole seasoning
- freshly ground salt & pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish optional
Fill a stock pot half full with water. To the pot add the milk, cream, butter, honey, Cajun or Creole seasoning, and salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk everything together until evenly incorporated. Add in the corn cobs, whole or cut to size. Heat the pot over low heat to warm the milk and melt butter.
Turn the heat up just below medium, careful not to let milk mixture actually come to a boil. Allow the corn to slowly simmer in the milk mixture for 10-12 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat, and using tongs remove the corn from the milk and honey mixture. Let the corn rest one minute and serve immediately.