Quick & Easy Greek Yogurt Chicken Curry
A quick & easy, milder version of the traditional dish this chicken curry is made in a hurry and a perfect dinner when served over a bed of basmati or jasmine rice.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- meat from one rotisserie chicken, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups basmati or jasmine rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 1/2-2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup half and half, or full fat coconut milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained, and cut into tiny pieces (kitchen shears in the can does the trick)
- 1/3-1/2 cup golden raisins
- chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, washed, then finely chopped (for garnish)
Cook the rice according to the package directions. Set aside, covered & stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
In a large skillet, over medium low heat, add the oil. When hot stir in the onions, continue cooking & stirring occasionally until sauteed.
Stir in the curry powder, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using), and continue cooking for 1 minute.
Stir in the yogurt until evenly combined. Stir in the half & half, or coconut milk, until evenly combined. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and continue cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes-stirring occasionally. Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Stir in the tomatoes & raisins, and remove the skillet from heat.
Divide the rice into six different bowls, or into a single large serving dish, and ladle the chicken curry evenly out over top. Sprinkle the cashews evenly out over top and then with the cilantro leaves, and serve immediately.