Nanny's Garden Four Bean Salad
A healthy, garden fresh bean salad this easy recipe features beans tossed in a tart vinaigrette sauce.
- 1 15 oz can green beans drained
- 1 lb wax beans
- 1 15 oz can dark red kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans drained & rinsed
- 1 white onion sliced into thin rings and separated
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp each, salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
In a large mixing bowl, add all of the beans and onion. Stir just until evenly mixed.
In a separate bowl, add the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Whisk until the mixture's evenly combined and smooth.
Pour the liquid evenly out over the beans, toss to coat and mix evenly. Transfer the bean salad to a tupper ware container, seal, and refrigerate for 8-12 hours before serving.