Hot Pimento Cheese Dip
A few simple, extra ingredients and we've taken ordinary pimento cheese spread beyond the sandwich plate and turned it into one of the best hot cheese dips around.
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1 7 oz jar pimento peppers drained & diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp finely diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup crisp cooked crumbled bacon, optional
In a large mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients until evenly combined.
Lightly spray a 9" baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish, and smooth out evenly with the back of a spatula.
Bake the dip at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
Serve this dip hot, with tortilla chips or thin slices of a crusty baguette for dipping.