Pull Apart Tuna Melt Loaf
A new spin on the classic tuna melt, this pull apart version is stuffed with flavor & meant to be shared.
For The Tuna Salad
- 4 (5 oz) cans solid white albacore tuna, water packed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 4 tsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp crumbled dried oregano
For The Pull Apart Loaf
- 1 large crusty baguette loaf
- 8 thinly sliced tomato slices
- 5-6 slices provolone cheese
To Assemble The Pull Apart Loaf
Use a bread knife and slice the bread loaf 6-8 times, stopping before you actually cut through the bottom. You want it to stay together so it can be stuffed.
Spread a bit of mayo between each slice. Stuff each slit evenly with the tuna salad so that it's full, but not splitting. Add at least one tomato slice to each tuna stuffed slit.
Top the entire loaf evenly with the sliced cheese.
Transfer the load to a large, rimmed baking sheet and broil for 3-4 minutes- or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
Transfer the stuffed pull apart loaf to a platter and serve warm.