Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bars
Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal bars give Rice Krispie treats an upgrade simply by switching out the base. These bars make a perfect lunchbox treat for the kids.
Servings: 8 bars
- 4 1/2 cups cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- white chocolate melts optional
Spray a 9×13 or 9×9 pan with cooking spray.
In a large pot melt better over low heat. Add marshmallows and cook over medium-low heat until marshmallows are completely melted.
Once marshmallows are melted, remove pot from heat and add cereal to the pot, stirring to coat.
Press into the prepared pan and let cool completely. When set, cut into bars into rectangles. You can serve as is, or give them a chocolate finish.
If desired, melt & stir white chocolate melts according to the package directions.
Once melted & smooth, dunk the bottom of a bar into the chocolate then set it chocolate side up on a clean cutting board while the chocolate hardens. Repeat for all cereal bars.
Once the chocolate bottoms have hardened, flipped the bars over and using a spoon or a piping bag- drizzle a bit of melted white chocolate across the top of each cereal bar.
- Don't want to use the stove at all to make these bars? Put the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds or until the marshmallows puff up and the butter is melted. Then stir the marshmallows until smooth.
- Make sure you spray the bottom of the tray liberally with cooking spray so the bars don't get stuck.
- When you press the bars into the tray, spray some cooking spray on your hands to keep your hands from getting cereal stuck to them.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 459IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 3mg