Farmer's Breakfast Casserole
Farmer's breakfast casserole is the heartiest, most satisfying way to start the day! This easy dish features the classic morning flavors of eggs, hash browns, ham and cheese for a meal that will keep even the hungriest person satisfied til lunch time!
- 1 20 oz bag frozen hash browns thawed
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese divided
- 1 cup chopped ham carving board style
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 5 large eggs beaten
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- salt & pepper to taste
Lightly spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray. Add the potatoes, and spread them out into an even layer on the bottom of the dish.
Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese evenly out overtop of the potatoes.
Spread the ham & green onions evenly out over the cheese & potatoes.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the beaten eggs and the evaporated milk until smooth. Season with salt & pepper, as desired.
Pour the egg mixture evenly out over the casserole, then sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly out over top of the dish.
Cover the casserole dish tightly with cling wrap and refrigerate it for 2 hours, or up to overnight.
Remove the dish from the refrigerator and bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes- or until the eggs are set.
Remove the casserole from the oven and let if rest for a full 5 minutes before slicing & serving.
- You could add extra variety by throwing in some chopped peppers and onions for some veggies.
- Freshly shredded cheese works best here, but the bagged kind from the store works in a pinch.
- Do NOT use lunch meat or deli style ham. Look for carving board style ham which is a thicker cut you can find in the lunch meat aisle.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 132mg | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 363IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 216mg | Iron: 1mg