Grilled Chicken Fajita Foil Packets
Grilled chicken fajita foil packets are a delicious, easy to clean up way to make the flavorful Tex-Mex dish. The preparation makes this recipe perfect for not only barbecues and parties but for campfire cooking too!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small onion halved and sliced
- 1 lime juiced
For Serving (Optional)
- Shredded fiesta cheese blend or crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Sour cream
Prepare the grill according to the manufacturer's directions to burn at medium-high heat.
Cut six 12 to 18 inch rectangle pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil. Spritz the foil with nonstick cooking spray on the inside where the food will rest.
Season the chicken breast using 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning, reserving the remaining seasoning, and lime juice. Place the chicken breast strips in the middle of a piece of aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, combine the bell pepper slices and onion slices. Toss with olive oil and then season with the remaining taco seasoning.
Spoon ⅙ of the mixture over each piece of chicken.
To fold the pockets, bring the long sides of the aluminum foil to meet over the chicken. Fold the ends of the aluminum foil together, folding twice to create a seam. Roll up the shorter ends of the aluminum foil at least twice to create a sealed pocket.
Place the chicken packets on the grill and cover the grill. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the packets halfway if needed so they each cook evenly. Check the chicken for an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Remove the packets from the grill and carefully open to add additional toppings as desired or serve on tortillas
- Like things extra spicy? Add a seeded, chopped jalapeno to the packets.
- Serve over chopped romaine for a big southwestern style salad.
- Feel free to switch up the variety of the peppers based on what you can find in the store.
- Not feeling like chicken? This recipe would also work with steak or shrimp.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 527IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg