Slow Cooker Jambalaya Soup
Slow cooker jambalaya soup offers big flavor with minimal work. Make it in the morning for an easy, set it and forget it dinner any night of the week.
- 1 16 oz kielbasa sausage thinly sliced into coins
- 3-3 1/2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes DO NOT DRAIN
- 1 large white onion diced
- 2 green bell peppers seeded & chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups jasmine rice cooked according to package instructions
Add all of the ingredients, EXCEPT the rice to the bowl of your slow cooker.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
Once done, add some rice to a soup bowl and ladle the soup out over top.
Repeat for all servings.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 451mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 653IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg