Oven Baked Fried Rice with Chicken
Oven baked fried rice with chicken satisfies any take out cravings with an easy to make, Asian inspired casserole. This baked chicken and rice is a dump and go, one pan recipe, making for a dinner you can make even on the busiest night of the week.
- 2 cups jasmine rice uncooked
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 small white onion diced
- 2-3 celery stalks washed & thinly sliced
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- fried chow mein noodles for garnish
Stir all of the ingredients together in a 9x13" baking dish, until evenly combined.
Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Carefully peek under the aluminum foil. Is the water's absorbed, it's done. If not, remove the foil and return it to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
Fluff & stir the fried rice casserole, before plating & serving!
- If you love beef, you can use that instead. Cooked, crumbled, and drained ground beef, or thinly sliced, cooked steak will both work.
- To halve the recipe, use an 8x8 inch dish.
- Substitute chickpeas for the chicken to make this dish vegetarian.
- Thoroughly rinse your rice before using for the fluffiest rice.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1105mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg