Roasted Pork Loin With Rosemary Brown Sugar Sauerkraut
Roast pork loin with rosemary brown sugar sauerkraut takes roast pork and sauerkraut to the next level. This easy recipe will allow you to enjoy a taste of New Year's Day all year long.
- 1 4-5 lb pork loin sometimes called a blade roast
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 2 lb bag sauerkraut
- 1/8 cup brown sugar packed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme crushed/crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary crushed/crumbled
- sprig fresh rosemary optional
Lightly spray the bottom of a 9x13" roasting pan with non stick cooking spray.
Place the pork in the center of the prepared dish, fat side up, and pour 1/3 cup of water into the bottom of the dish.
Spread the minced garlic evenly out over the pork loin.
Add the sauerkraut to the dish, spreading it evenly out and around the pork loin.
Sprinkle the sugar and seasonings evenly out over the pork and the sauerkraut in the dish.
Bake the pork at 325° for 1 1/2 hours, or until a meat thermometer reads 165° when inserted into the thickest part of the pork.
Remove the pork from the oven and let the juices rest for 15 full minutes.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
- Make sure you're using a pork loin, not a tender loin. Pork loins are larger, tougher cuts of meat, and this recipe is made with that in mind.
- Can't find a pork loin in your local market? Sometimes they're called pork blade roasts instead.
- You may need to taste and add a bit more seasoning after roasting the pork. When I made this, I used herbs that were dried from my garden. These are much more potent than the store bought kind.
- Using an electric knife to slice will make for more uniform slicing and easier
- The juices from the pork will blend with the sauerkraut and help season it along with the spices. You can gently stir if needed after baking to incorporate everything.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 65g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 179mg | Sodium: 890mg | Potassium: 1266mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg