Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Pancakes
Crispy mashed potato and stuffing pancakes breathe new life into your holiday leftovers with a perfectly done leftover pancake. Make this the day after any holiday feast instead of the same old tired sandwiches.
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp minced white onion
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover chopped, cooked turkey
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- unsweetened applesauce for dipping
To a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, onion, pepper, potatoes, turkey, and stuffing. Mix everything together until evenly combined.
In a large skillet, add the butter & oil and let it melt over medium high heat.
When the butter's hot, drop roughly 1/3-1/2 cup sized dollops of the mixture into the pan. Use the bottom of your measuring cup to gently press and flatten them some. You'll probably be able to fit 3-4 at a time, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
Fry the patties for 2 - 2 1/2 minutes, or until golden brown, then flip them and fry on the other side until it's also golden brown & heated through.
Transfer the fried pancakes to a waiting plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
Working in batches, repeat until all the mixture's used & all the pancakes have been cooked crisp.
- These are somewhat delicate and may fall apart if you don't use enough butter and oil in your pan.
- If you have a basket air fryer you could also air fry them at 380 for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- You can also lightly coat them in breadcrumbs for even crispier pancakes.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg