Italian Breakfast Bake
This Italian breakfast bake is the perfect breakfast casserole to feed to a hungry crowd. Special enough for the holidays but easy enough to make any time, you'll love the combination of eggs, veggies, meats and cheeses!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- honey ham thinly sliced
- sliced hard salami
- 10 large eggs beaten
- seasoned salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped, sliced provolone cheese
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. As soon as the oil's hot, add the peppers & onion. Cook, stirring them occasionally, until they're soft and the onions have begun to caramelize.
Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the sautéed vegetables from the skillet and onto a waiting plate. Set aside.
Lightly spray a 9x13" dish with non stick cooking spray.
Remove the crescent rolls from their tube, and roll them out into a flat sheet on the bottom of the baking dish. Gently press any seams together to seal.
Layer ham & salami evenly out on top.
Whisk the seasonings into the eggs until combined, and pour the eggs evenly out into the dish.
Top with the sautéed vegetables, and then top with the cheese.
Bake the dish at 350° for 30 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through and the cheese has melted and begun to turn golden brown on top.
Let the dish rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Want to add extra veggies? Go for it. Sautéed mushrooms would work really well in this.
- For even more Italian flavor, press a clove or two of garlic into the veggies while you saute them.
- Make sure you let the casserole cool for a few minutes prior to cutting it. It will set while cooling.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 253mg | Sodium: 571mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1181IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 2mg