Open Faced Denver Sandwiches
Open faced Denver sandwiches bring the classic flavor of Denver omelets to a delicious open faced brunch sandwich. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or even breakfast for dinner!
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 4 pieces Texas toast
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 10 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
Toast your bread to it's preferred level. Butter one side of hot toast. This is now the 'top' side. Set it on a waiting plate, and repeat for the three remaining pieces of bread.
Add the butter to a large skillet, and heat it until the butter's melted.
Turn the heat up to medium and stir in the peppers, onion, and ham. Sauté them until the vegetables have become somewhat tender, and the ham's heated through.
Add the eggs & cream to a mixing bowl, and whisk them together until combined.
Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook them, stirring to scramble until the reach your desired consistency.
Dived the mixture evenly between the four toasts, and salt & pepper- as needed.
Serve topped with fresh chives.
- Not sure how to scramble eggs? Check out my post on how to make the best scrambled eggs to learn everything you need to know.
- You could add some cheese into the mix if desired. Shredded cheddar or Swiss would be delicious.
- This recipe easily doubles or even triples to serve a crowd for breakfast or brunch.
- Have leftover ham? Especially after the holidays? This is a tasty way to use it up, that won't seem like the same ol, same ol'.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 513mg | Sodium: 636mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1189IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 3mg