Cranberry Pecan Wild Rice Stuffing
Cranberry pecan wild rice stuffing is a delicious alternative to bread based stuffing. Chock full of all the flavors of the holidays, you'll love this effortless side dish.
- 2 cups wild & long grain rice blend
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Add all of the ingredients, EXCEPT the berries & nuts, to a 9x13" baking dish. Stir gently to combine.
Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil- make sure it's sealed to prevent steam escaping- and bake the dish at 350 degrees for an hour and fifteen minutes.
Stir in the cranberries & pecans, fluffing the rice gently as you do so. Carefully recover the pan with foil, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Remove the rice from the oven, and let it sit (covered) for 10 minutes, before fluffing and serving.
- If you are using this to go with a turkey at Thanksgiving, you could substitute turkey stock for chicken stock.
- For a vegetarian variety, substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- You can get creative with the add ins. Dried cherries and apples would also taste delicious in this.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 39IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg