Bloody Mary Pasta Salad
Bloody Mary pasta salad gives you the taste of the classic brunch drink in a delicious variation of macaroni salad. A zippy dressing coats rotini and vegetables for a dressed up picnic side dish.
- 4 cups rotini pasta cooked, drained, and run under cold water to stop cooking
- 2/3 cup sun dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 1/3 cup cocktail sauce
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- pinch cayenne pepper optional, if you want a little spicy kick
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 3 stalks celery washed & thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup crisp, crumbled bacon
In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the dressing, cocktail sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper (if including) until smooth. Set aside.
To a large mixing bowl add the cooked, cooled pasta, tomatoes, celery, olives, and bacon. Toss them gently until evenly combined.
Pour the dressing out over top and toss once again, just until evenly combined.
Cover the mixing bowl with cling wrap, tightly sealed and refrigerate for 1-2 hours- just until chilled.
Remove the pasta from the fridge, toss the cling wrap, and give the pasta salad a generous stir, and serve.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 189mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 249IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg