Cabernet Cranberry Blueberry Sauce
An easy homemade cranberry sauce made with sweet blueberries and a hint of wine- it's destined for holiday dinners and brunch tables everywhere.
- one 8-ounce bag or about 2 cups, fresh cranberries
- 6- ounces frozen unthawed blueberries, or about 1 1/2 cups, or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon or another favorite red wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon or to taste
- 1 tsp ground cloves or to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium to large pot, and stirring occasionally, bring the mixture to a full boil. Be sure your pot has room for the liquid to triple in volume so that it won't overflow as all the juices from the berries are released.
Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce gently simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until reduced and thickened slightly, and most of the cranberries have burst. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before transferring the sauce to a heat safe container.
Allow sauce to cool down to room temperature before refrigerating. Sauce will keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks.