Not Your Mama’s Green Bean Casserole
The creamy classic green bean casserole is given a gourmet face lift that makes it a must have side dish in any modern day holiday spread.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 4 cups cooked, cut green beans
- 1 1/3 cups French Fried Onions
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 6-8 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms washed and scrubbed (optional)
Stir together the soup, cream, Worcestershire, spices, beans, cheese, bacon, mushrooms, and 2/3 cup of the onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Bake the casserole, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes , or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the beans. Sprinkle the remaining onions evenly over top of the casserole.
Return the dish to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the onions are golden brown.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 623IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg