Warm Sausage & Kale Soup
A hearty soup, this version features Italian sausage, kale leaves, and your choices of pasta with a bevy of seasonings.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 lb package of Sweet Italian Sausages casings removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz package white mushrooms sliced
- 1 bunch of kale washed, stems removed, and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup noodles elbow or small shells
- 15 oz can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
Heat a dutch oven over medium heat add 2 tbsp olive oil and cook sausage until no longer pink, between five and seven minutes, stirring occasionally. If necessary, drain sausage.
Add the crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, and mushrooms, breaking up the mushrooms as you add them. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft, about five minutes.
Toss in the kale, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook until the kale is wilted, about five minutes.
Add the chicken broth, and bring it to a boil. Then add the noodles and cook about a minute shy of the package directions.
Toss in the beans, and stir in until they heat through. Serve with crusty bread & let it warm you up!