Chicken Caesar Club Style Sub Sandwich
A fancier spin on the traditional club style sandwich, we skipped the layers and made a few substitutions to create something truly gourmet that works on anyone's lunch budget.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1-2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced into strips or slightly pulled apart
- 4 slices crisp bacon
- 1 tbsp butter (optional), softened
- 1 baguette, roughly 12" long
- thick & creamy Caesar dressing
- fresh baby spinach leaves, washed & dried
- 1/2 cup packed sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven's heating, slice the baguette in half lengthwise. Divide the butter, and spread out evenly over each inside half of the baguette. Place the baguette on a baking pan, cut sides up, and bake for 5-7 minutes, or just until lightly toasted.
When the bread's cooled slightly, spread both sides generously with your favorite Caesar dressing. Don't skimp- you don't want it to all squeeze out, but you'll want the flavor and the moisture.
On the bottom half of the bread, layer a bed of spinach leaves. Top that with the drained tomatoes. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese. Add the bacon slices, then the chicken, and salt & pepper, to taste. Top with another layer of spinach leaves, then the top baguette half. Slice, and serve immediately, or seal and refrigerate, up to 12 hours before serving.