Simple cold cut sandwiches are a lunchtime staple, and this ones are given a spooky makeover making them a perfect festive addition to Halloween lunches, party spreads, and even classroom parties.
- 2 slices of your favorite sandwich bread we used honey wheat
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 slices of lunch meat ham, turkey, or chicken
- 2 pimento-stuffed green olives
- mayonnaise or mustard optional
- large round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter
Use a large cookie or biscuit cutter, press into the slices of bread, pulling away crust and excess to cut into circles. Use a paring knife to cut jagged little ‘teeth’ into one side of the slice of cheese. Stack the slices of lunchmeat on the bottom piece of bread & put the slice of cheese on top with the jagged edge facing ‘out’ and slightly hanging over the edge. Spread a bit of mayo and/or mustard onto the inside of the other cut piece of bread and then top the sandwich. Break a toothpick in half & insert one half into a pimento stuffed olive & the other into the top of the sandwich. Repeat with the other one forming your monster eyes. Repeat as many times as needed for your desired number of sandwiches.