This quick and easy Thai chicken salad takes all the flavors everyone loves from P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps and serves them up in a salad. This P.F. Chang’s copy cat lettuce wrap recipe is a hit with bold flavors, refreshing veggies, and plenty of crunch.
I love going to P. F. Chang’s. It’s so good. I love pretty much every single thing I’ve ever eaten there, but one dish stands out for me above all the others.
The Chang’s lettuce wraps.
At the restaurant, they come in two varieties: chicken and vegetarian.
I always go for the chicken.
They are my favorite with their flavorful blend of spices and crisp, crunchy lettuce.
I don’t care that you are supposed to share them, I can and will eat a whole order by myself.
I also love Asian inspired chicken salads like this crunchy Chinese chicken salad.
This Thai chicken salad combines the crunchy Asian chicken salad with the P.F. Chang’s chicken lettuce wraps for pure salad perfection.
Unfortunately, eating at P.F. Chang’s regularly is not cost effective.
However, my Thai chicken salad gives us all the flavors we know and love from the P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps, but in a deconstructed salad.
Like the restaurant version, this Thai chicken salad features ground chicken cooked in a blend of Asian flavors.
Sweet spicy hoisin combines with salty soy sauce and sweet and salty oyster sauce for a balanced sauce that coats the ground chicken, mushrooms, onions, and water chestnuts.
A little extra siracha gives it a nice kick.
Garlic and ginger add a nice zippy fragrance to the chicken.
Spooned over crisp butter lettuce, cabbage, and carrots, the chicken’s bold tastes shines. A drizzle of peanut sauce completes the flavor explosion.
You might think making such a flavorful salad would be difficult, but it’s not.
This Thai chicken salad comes together in about half an hour.
That’s less time than I have spent waiting to get sat at P.F. Chang’s.
To make it, start by dicing the onion, mushrooms, and water chestnuts.
Then in a skillet over medium heat, you can start to cook your onions.
Once they begin to soften, add your mushrooms and garlic.
Cook for a few more minutes before you add the ground chicken. Keep cooking until the chicken is brown.
While you do this, in a small bowl you can whisk together soy sauce, hoisin, oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and siracha.
Once the sauces are combined, you can pour it into the pan with the chicken.
Then just let it cook for a few more minutes.
And boom. Copy cat P.F.Chang’s chicken from their lettuce wraps.
To complete this delicious masterpiece, I just serve it up over a combination of chopped butter lettuce, shredded carrots, and cabbage.
Then I drizzle on some Thai peanut sauce for one more added punch of flavor.
Other Delicious Dinner Salad Ideas:
- Pepperoni Pizza Salad
- Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad
- Blueberry Feta Spinach Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- The Best Mediterranean Salad
If you’ve tried this THAI CHICKEN SALAD, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Thai Chicken Salad
For The Chicken:
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 mushrooms minced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 c hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 c water chestnuts minced
- 2 green onions diced
For The Salad:
- 1 head butter lettuce shredded
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup Thai peanut sauce
- Prep your onion, mushrooms, and water chestnuts.
- Set to the side.
- Using a large skillet add your olive oil and turn your heat to medium.
- Add your diced onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender, stirring often.
- Add your mushrooms and continue cooking for 3 more minutes.
- Add garlic.
- Stir to combine.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned.
- Using a spatula crumble the chicken as it cooks.
- In a small bowl add your hoisin, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger, water chestnuts, and Sriracha.
- Stir until combined.
- Add your sauce into the chicken mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, then remove from the heat.
- Set to the side.
- Prep your salad mixture butter lettuce, shredded cabbage, and carrots.
- Top with your chicken mixture.
- Drizzle with Peanut sauce.
- Garnish with diced green onions.