An ice cream like layer of fresh strawberries and cream is sandwiched between a crisp sugar cookie crust and crumbled cookie topping in these yummy Strawberry Crunch Bars. They’re a perfect dessert and a welcome addition to any brunch spread.
Creamy, dreamy, and moderately healthy– this Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Milkshake is everything the name implies. Whether it’s breakfast, snack time or even a light lunch this shake is satisfyingly filling and refreshing.
Did you know soup doesn’t have to be hot or savory? A bowl full of this Brazilian strawberry soup is cool creamy comfort, especially on warm Summer days. Take the heat out of your meal, and make it a real treat with a coconut cream drizzle and a mint leaf garnish.
Chilled Strawberry Soup is a perfect treat for any hot day. Matter of fact, it’s pretty dang spectacular. Just think of it as ‘slurpin up some Summer’.
It’s smooth and creamy, and a perfect end to any meal, but also a totally excusable snack. We like ours rich and creamy so I opt for the full fat coconut, but if you’re looking for a lighter option, or counting calories, then you can use light coconut milk or even omit it altogether.
You can add some extra yogurt to get the creamy effect, or more oj for a soupier effect, adjusting the sugar accordingly. Just taste as you go.
For us, as written, its perfectly sweetened, and however you end up tweaking it, it’s loaded with flavor from the strawberries. It’s cool and creamy, with just the right bit of texture from the puréed berries.
The sons love theirs topped with a heavy-handed dollop of whipped cream, but for the hubs and I? It’s several fresh mint leaves and a drizzle of some coconut cream.
It’s so simple, yet so scrumptious. It’ll have you scraping every last drop out of your bowl and still licking the spoon.
It doesn’t get any easier. Throw everything together, blend it all up, and voila! It takes 5 minutes. Tops.
If you’ve tried this BRAZILIAN STRAWBERRY SOUP, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Brazilian Strawberry Soup
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt we've made this with plain Greek yogurt as well, but then added extra vanilla and sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 -4 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 -1/2 cup coconut cream from can of full fat coconut milk chilled overnight so the cream and water separate)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- mint leaves
- orange zest
- whipped cream or whipped coconut cream
- Add all the soup ingredients to a food processor, or a blender. Blend everything together until the soup is smooth. We stop there, but if you want to avoid any seediness, you can go the extra step of straining the mixture through cheesecloth.
- Serve as is, or chill for an hour or two. Garnish with a drizzle of coconut cream, or coconut whipped cream (whip the chilled coconut until soft peaks form), or a dollop of whipped cream, followed by a sprinkle of orange zest (optional), and a few fresh mint leaves.
recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings