Sandwiches can become boring fast, especially when it’s just common cold cuts. Change up your game, get out your slow cooker, and transform some plain chicken into these delicious, no fuss crockpot buffalo chicken sandwiches.
I know I’ve mentioned my families’ love, er
obsession, with cheese before.
By the way, is there a support group for that? ‘CA’. Cheese-aholics Anonymous, or something along those lines?
I’ve also touched on our love of grilled cheese, a holdover from childhood on my part.
Let me introduce you to this gem. White Pizza Grilled Cheese!
Cheese lovers, UNITE (behind this recipe)!
This is the recipe for you. Don’t hesitate, don’t think, and don’t over-analyze this delicacy.
Find time. Make this.
Your family, and especially your cheese-prone taste buds, will thank you profusely for this white pizza grilled cheese recipe.
White Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 oz mozzarella thinly sliced
- 8 slices white or wheat bread
- butter softened
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Refrigerate for at least an hour (or up to 24 hours) to allow the flavors to develop.
- Lay down the bread slices and, using a butter knife, spread the ricotta mixture evenly on each piece. The ricotta mixture should coat the insides of both pieces of bread.
- Lay the mozzarella slices evenly on every other piece of bread (one side of each sandwich). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and close the sandwiches by place both cheesy insides together.
- Butter both sides of the ‘outside’ of the sandwich generously.
- In a large frying pan over medium-low heat, cook the sandwiches, flipping often, until they’re golden-brown on the outside and the cheese is melted inside, about 10 minutes.
Every week I try to do a ‘Taco Tuesday’ since we all love Mexican food. It’s evolved into more of a ‘tex-mex’ themed meal as opposed to being just the traditional tacos. One thing my kids always, unanimously, ask for on is this Yellow Basmati Rice.
This version of Homemade Spaghetti O’s is always a hit with the entire family. Pasta rings coated with a sweet homemade sauce, the kids will never guess it didn’t come from a can.
We absolutely adore a good dip recipe, whether we’re entertaining guests or just entertaining ourselves at home. This creamy spinach and artichoke dip is a copycat of our favorite restaurant version. It’s quick & easy to throw together, but chock full of flavor- and pairs well with a variety of crispy dipping options. Doesn’t hurt that it helps get me excited about eating more spinach either!
This Buffalo chicken bake is any cheese & chicken lover’s dream. It’s packed full or chicken chunks, a blend of cheddar & mozzarella cheese, and given a saucy flavoring of buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing. It’s all packed into a crispy crust, making it the perfect all in one appetizer or lunch.
Being that we have all these boys and seeing as how I am cheap, I try to buy in bulk whenever possible.
Notice I said cheap. I’m not even going to try and dress it up and label myself as frugal, thrifty, etc. I’m just cheap.
As part of my cost-cutting, we have a membership to Costco and that’s where the majority of our groceries come from.
That being said, almost every trip to Costco my kids manage to convince me to buy them lunch, a snack, an ‘I’m going to die right this very minute if I don’t eat’ something from the food court.
Their favorite thing to order is the Chicken Bake. So when I came across this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread, I knew they would love it.
I altered the recipe to the satisfaction of my tastes and those of my cheese-aholics. Notice I also changed the name.
I could just imagine if I answered their ‘what’s for dinner’ question with something that included ‘garbage’ in its name. So I didn’t.
If you’ve tried this BUFFALO CHICKEN BAKE, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Buffalo Chicken Bake
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 pizza dough we used homemade and let it defrost in the refrigerator overnight
- 8 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce divided
- 1/4 cup of ranch
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Toss chicken with 1/4 cup of your wing sauce. You can add more or less depending on your desired spiciness. Stir to combine, the ranch dressing and remaining 1/4 cup wing sauce.
- On a floured surface, or counter top, roll out dough into a long rectangular shape. Spread buffalo ranch sauce evenly across the dough. Add chicken and then top with both cheeses.
- Pick a side and roll the dough up to form a log. Seal both ends (prevents ‘oozing’ while baking) and place seam side down on a non-stick or greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let sit and ‘rest’ for 5-10 minutes before cutting into slices, then serve!