Give your traditional salad a make over with this Tex Mex Southwestern pepper jack salad. Even without meat it’s hearty and full of good for you ingredients, enough to make it a filling meal on it’s own- especially when topped with homemade creamy avocado salsa dressing.
A delicious dinner the kids will love and that will call to the kid in all of us is this big mac pizza recipe. It’s fun and it’s easy, and it brings all the flavors of your favorite fast food burger to the table served on a crisp pizza crust.
Wanna add some ‘wow’ into your family’s next pizza night? Our Big Mac Pizza is sure to do the trick.
The sons could not gt over the fact that it tasted just. like. the sandwich. It’s pretty epic. The whole concept combines two of their most favorite things: fast food & pizza.
And Mom’s actually letting them have both? IN THE SAME NIGHT??
They were on cloud 9, and I’m pretty sure if they’d floated any higher they would’ve floated away.
You don’t have to go super fancy just to change things up a bit. This big mac pizza is a fun twist, but it’s still family friendly, and easy to assemble.
And I’ll let you in on a little secret I discovered during the making of this dish. You wanna get the kids in the kitchen fast?
Want them to actually want to help you fix dinner? WITHOUT complaining?
Put the words ‘big mac’ in the name of whatever you’re having. Problem solved 🙂
If you’ve tried this BIG MAC PIZZA, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Big Mac Pizza
- pizza dough homemade, store-bought, or pre made will all work
- Olive oil if you’re using fresh dough
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6-8 slices of yellow American cheese
- 1/2 – 3/4 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- grape tomatoes thinly sliced (optional)
- In a medium sized skillet, brown the ground beef. Season the meat with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain the cooked beef and set aside.
- For pizza dough, lightly grease a pizza pan or large cookie sheet. Pat or roll the dough out into pan and lightly drizzle some olive oil over the top of the crust and then bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Top the pizza crust with Thousand Island salad dressing and just like you would with sauce, use a lade or the back of a spoon to evenly spread the dressing out over the crust all the way up to the crusts edges. Top the spread dressing with the American cheese slices, and don’t worry if they don’t completely cover the entire pizza. Top the cheese with the ground beef. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over top of the beef.
- Bake the pizza at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to cool slightly, about 2-3 minutes, before cutting it into slices.
- To serve, top the cooled pizza with shredded lettuce, tomato and additional Thousand Island, if desired. Enjoy!
The tenderest, juiciest seasoned pot roast ever is cooked in the crockpot before being piled high on crusty baguettes with melted provolone cheese. Served with their own yummy au jus, these Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches are dippable perfection you just can’t get enough of.
Did you think a hot dog in a bun was complete with a bit of ketchup and/or mustard? Reinvent the classic staple with these Cuban Hot Dogs. Melted Swiss cheese and ham sit in a bun stuffed with a hot dog, crisp dill pickle spear, and tangy slices of red onion, complete with a drizzle of yellow mustard.
Skinny Buffalo Potato Salad is the new twist on the traditional Spring & Summer side dish you’re gonna want in on. It’s light yet creamy, and packin’ some flavor. It’s destined to be a star side dish at any picnics, barbecues, and even backyard patio dinners.
Lunch, dinner, appetizer- either one and these scrumptious Pizza Pinwheels fit the bill perfectly. A healthy way to get some extra veggies into your family’s daily diet, nobody’s going to complain when you serve them something this pretty and this good.
If you’ve never had a mac n cheese grilled cheese sandwich, then you’ve never really lived. It’s exactly what it sounds like: creamy macaroni and cheese stuffed into a sandwich with extra sharp cheddar and grilled until melty inside and golden browned to perfection on the outside. Some of you skeptic, health-conscious folk might be thinking that’s just way too much starch in one sandwich. WRONG! Those were my initial thoughts too, but alas, that is not the case. The starchy side and the sandwich aspect work harmoniously well together, creating a euphoric eating experience unlike any other. It’s a fusion of the ultimate comfort foods that results in a beautiful soul food hybrid. This, my friends, is heaven.
This recipe makes two sandwiches at once. Needing more than that? Just double the recipe as needed. I’ve always got to make 3 ‘batches’. Wanting to dial back the cheesiness a bit? You can opt out of adding the extra slices of cheddar? Even the cheese is flexible? Don’t like cheddar? American works well. Prefer a white cheddar macaroni and cheese? Use white cheddar slices, or even mozzarella or provolone. Cheese is very forgiving. 🙂
Grilled Mac N Cheese Sandwich
4 slices Sourdough (or other dense bread)
1½ cups leftover Macaroni & Cheese
8 slices American or Cheddar Cheese
2 tbsp Butter
1. In a small nonstick skillet place heat ¾ cup of mac & cheese over medium heat.
2. Once warm (about 3-4 minutes), shape mac & cheese into a pile about the size of the bread and top with 2 slices of cheese.
3. Turn off heat.
4. Butter 2 slices of bread.
5. Place bread butter side down in another skillet over medium heat.
6. Top one of the bread slices with 2 slices cheese.
7. Use spatula to lift corner and check done-ness.
8. When lightly browned turn off heat. Use spatula to transfer mac & cheese rectangle onto cheese covered bread in the skillet.
9. Cover with the other bread slice, toasted side up. Gently press together with spatula and transfer to a plate.
10. Serve immediately.
A perfect summer salad, this Ranch Pasta Salad is chock full of fresh vegetables. It’s a fan favorite at any barbecue or neighborhood gathering, and it doubles as a hearty warm-weather lunch or a light vegetarian supper.
Shell-shaped pasta is tossed in a creamy white garlic cheese sauce for an amazing experience. The best part? This Creamy Garlic Shells Pasta recipe doesn’t require any kind of packet and is ready in less than 15 minutes.
Do you have a waffle iron? Doesn’t it make delicious, fluffy, just perfect waffles?
Did you know you can use your waffle iron to make some other, more surprising, dishes?
For years I assumed (see that’s what I get bc we all know what they say when you assume something) that mine was only for making waffles. DOH!
In my defense, the box wasn’t really helpful either since it only had pictures of gourmet waffles and no helpful hints or recipe tips for anything else. And I was a newly out-in-the-world newly wed anyway, what did I know?
Well fast forward to now, and our waffle iron gets it’s own prime-time counter-top space. We use it to make cookies, we use it to make cinnamon roll waffles, and we’ve even used it to make cornbread waffles to serve with our chili (recipe coming soon).
But this, THIS is the sons’ favorite waffle iron recipe- waffle iron pepperoni pizza pockets. Let that sink in for a sec.
Golden brown biscuit outside, melted mozzarella inside. It’s waffle pizza perfection.
They make a great lunch, an easy afternoon snack, and they make an even better quick, no fuss dinner on fend -for-yourself nights, aka Fridays.
Sorry, but come the end of the week this Momma needs a break and I’m not ashamed to admit it, or to take it. #sorrynotsorry The sons WILL survive, even though they don’t believe me.
So, we’ve got an easy, 5 minute meal, but that’s not all.
Like so many of our other favorite recipes, these are easily customizable.
Don’t like pepperoni or have other favorite toppings too? Throw some crumbled bacon or cooked sausage in the middle.
Is a supreme your thing? Throw some veggies in there and enjoy.
You can even spice em up a little by adding a dash of Italian seasoning. You get the idea.
HELLO, crispy savory waffles fortified with pepperoni and mozzarella. I see that warm marinara topping. Look at you, you saucy little thang!
If you’ve tried these WAFFLE IRON PEPPERONI PIZZA POCKETS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Waffle Iron Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- 1 can 16.3 oz Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
- 8 slices 1 oz each mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 pepperoni slices
- 2 cups pizza or marinara
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray; heat waffle maker.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut slit on 1 side of each biscuit, forming a deep pocket. Place 1 slice of cheese into each pocket. Top cheese with 2-3 pepperoni slices. Press dough around edge to seal each biscuit.
- Place 1 biscuit on center of waffle maker. Close lid; cook 3 minutes or until waffle is golden brown. Repeat with remaining filled biscuits. Serve with pizza sauce.