I can’t stop. I won’t stop. No, I’m not trying to be Miley. I don’t want to get anywhere near Robin Thicke. I would much rather make a yummy slider sandwich than twerk. Seriously, though. I can’t seem to get enough of sliders recently. I don’t know if it’s the whole ‘mini’ thing that’s got me hooked, or just a refreshing change. I’m guessing a bit of both. In either case, I’ve pinned every new slider recipe I have found, and am on a mission to try them all. One recipe at a time of course, like the easiest cheeseburger sliders ever and our chicken and waffle sliders. This is the latest, and it lived up to it’s name. These petite, slightly varied versions, have all the tried and true flavors of Chicken Parmesan, but without all the work. These healthy sandwiches are perfect for a party, a dinner, or even for a lazy weekend lunch. They are sure to score a spot on your list of family favorite recipes.
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (can use frozen)
- 1 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- slider buns
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of a crock pot. Pour the spaghetti sauce evenly out overtop. Sprinkle the seasonings out overtop.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 4.
- Using two forks, or a pair of meat claws, shred the cooked chicken and stir until evenly combined with the sauce.
- Lightly toast the buns under the broiler, watch carefully to prevent burning. Top the toasted buns with some of the sauced, shredded chicken and a bit of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the chicken sandwiches under the broiler to melt cheese. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
recipe adapted from Plain Chicken