With my food guzzlers, I’m always on the lookout for a quick addition to my menu that can help top off their tanks.
I love a good dessert that I don’t feel terrible about giving my family that helps keep them full until morning.
This little gem (also known as triple chocolate quick bread) is one of my go-to favorites. It’s like a special edition chocolate muffin, with a hint of apples.
They love a nice, warm slice of my chocolate ‘bread’ before bed with a cold glass of milk. It makes them feel all warm and fuzzy.
I may, or may not, have also been talked into making this for them for a special breakfast as it contains both eggs and applesauce.
Even better, this from scratch dessert, or breakfast, or snack, is easy and takes hardly any time to whip up. Did I mention triple chocolate quick bread’s versatility?
So find yourself a reason to give it a try, you won’t be disappointed in the results.
Triple Chocolate Quick Bread
For The Bread
- 1 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cups butter softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
For The Glaze
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp half and half
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
To Make The Bread
- In a pot on the stove top over low heat, melt 1 cup of chocolate chips; set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and cooled chocolate, mix until evenly combined.
- Add applesauce and vanilla; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until evenly combined.
- Add flour mix to the batter and mix until evenly combined.
- Lightly mix in the remaining chocolate chips just until incorporated into batter.
- Divide batter evenly between two* greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
To Make The Glaze
- In a small pot over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter, stirring until evenly combined.
- Stir in half and half.
- Remove from heat and stir in confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Drizzle over warm loaves, or pipe onto loaves using a ziplock bag.
- Let the chocolate cool and serve.