Copious amounts of comfort food is just what the Doctor ordered for a cold Winter’s night. Cozy right on up to a big ol’ bowl of this Smoky Bacon Broccoli Cheddar Mac & Cheese. Savor every yummy bite as it warms you right on up from the inside out.
A new spin on the classic Southern fritter, we’ve used butternut squash and added in shreds of sharp cheddar with crisp pieces of crumbled bacon. Fried to golden brown perfection and served with a drizzle of ranch crema– these Bacon Cheddar Butternut Squash Fritters & Ranch Crema will melt hearts, just like they melt in your mouth.
This Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Bread is the ultimate, party pleasing appetizer. A crisp sourdough loaf is cut in a crosshatched pattern, with every nook stuffed with shredded sharp cheddar and crisp crumbled bacon & every cranny drizzled with a savory ranch infused butter sauce. It’s the appetizer to end all appetizers!
Get your favorite fast food sandwich fix without ever leaving the house. A Copy Cat Arby’s Beef N’ Cheddar tastes just like the original, but it’s ready in a flash with ingredients already in your kitchen.
Fall is finally here in Virginia and I’m loving it. The windows are open and the air conditioning is off, baby! It’s so nice out, that I don’t even care that I haven’t yet put the screens back in the windows. You know, I’m just enjoying the moment, living life on the wild side.
With fall temps here and the official start of fall right around the corner, I’ve already begun pulling out the coordinating recipes. Beer Bread is one of my favorite things for Fall. I know I coudl make it all year round, but something about the yeasty taste or beer or a good lager just aren’t as appealing in the Summer months. This year I decided we’d try playing with the recipe and see if we could make our bread even better. This is what I lovingly refer to as Beer Bread 2.0, and let me tell you it is simply divine!
For those of you who aren’t confident in the kitchen, who don’t consider yourselves ‘bakers’, or are simply overwhelmed at the thought of attempting homemade bread… Do NOT be afraid! Beer Bread is your friend. It’s fool proof. You can’t mess it up.
Now I give you ‘Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread’. The name says it all.
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
recipe adapted from The Slow Roasted Italian
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, divided
- 1 12 oz bottle, or can, of unflavored beer/lager
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and roughly chopped, divided (or 1/2 cup REAL bacon bits)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir with a whisk to combine ingredients. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients.
- Add beer, half the bacon and half of the cheddar cheese. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter/dough into a greased loaf pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining bacon over top and drizzle with the remaining butter. Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until browned.
- Remove and allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.