Creamy, dreamy, and moderately healthy– this Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Milkshake is everything the name implies. Whether it’s breakfast, snack time or even a light lunch this shake is satisfyingly filling and refreshing.
Do you ever have those days where you continue to find yourself in the kitchen? But only end up staring blankly into the refrigerator and cupboards convinced there’s nothing to eat despite all that’s there?
Never happened to you either? Awesome. In reality though it happens to me all the time.
Especially at breakfast and lunch times where we have a habit of getting into meal time ruts where we eat the same things day in and day out.
This is probably the number one reason I <3 smoothies and shakes so much.
It may ‘technically’ be the same dish, but there’s so many different combinations and possibilities. It’s possible to never drink the same thing twice.
You can go uber healthy and get your green goddess on, or you can go the more sweet, dessert oriented bent that we usually favor.
Either way, having a handy smoothie recipe around will keep you from staring listlessly at the pantry, miserably debating the merits of starvation anymore. Well, hopefully.
And in that sweet spirit I mentioned before, we decided to make over one of our favorite desserts into a yummy smoothie that still delivers the classic strawberry cheesecake flavor we love while drastically cutting the calorie content.
A creamy strawberry cheesecake flavored shake, that’s easier on the waist line than the classic dessert. It delivers in every department, including keeping you full and fueled since it’s protein rich.
Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Milkshake
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 oz Neufchatel cheese
- 2/3 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 graham crackers roughly crumbled-- reserve a spoonfull
- Using a high powered blender, blend together all of the ingredients, except for the reserved crumbled crackers, until the mixture is smooth and all ingredients pureed to an even consistency.
- Immediately serve the fresh shake in a glass of your choosing. Top it with the reserved graham cracker and a berry or two.