There’s just something about ranch dressing and Mexican spices/flavors, that spells perfection in our house. I love an easy alternative to our beloved, more traditional, heavy ‘lasagna’. This recipe offers all the flavors of regular enchiladas, but with less prep work and an easier clean up. It makes a perfect meal for a summer evening when I’d rather spend more time playing with the boys, or enjoying some pool time. It’s summer, so allow this meal to help you kick back and relax while your crockpot and oven do (almost) all of the work for you.
Ranch Chicken Enchilada ‘Lasagna’
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 4 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- cilantro or parsley to garnish, if desired
- Place chicken in the crockpot and sprinkle seasoning mixes over top. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks and stir to evenly distribute juices and seasonings.
- In the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan, cover the bottom with two tortillas. Spread half of shredded chicken on tortillas, then 1/2 cup ranchdressing drizzled, and top with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers once more.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lasagna is heated through.
- Serve with additional ranch dressing as desired.