Give your side dish game a lift with this fancy sounding Parmesan vegetable tian. It’s super simple to put together, and every bite is infused from flavor as the veggies meld during oven roasting. A little cheesy topping and it’s absolutely divine!
So we have a lot of readers. And we post a lot of stuff. Mostly totally tasty dishes that don’t break the bank, but also tutorials, tips/tricks, and crafts. But like I said, were mostly all about the food.
And good food too, although not necessarily always good for you. So I suppose the question was inevitable, even though it still caught me a bit off guard.
The Sons look pretty healthy, so where are all the leafy greens? Where are all the yummy veggie side dishes I’m holding back?
Well there are several answers to that question. First, with four boys and busy schedules I heart a good casserole. It’s the kitchen equivalent of one stop shopping.
The Sons also usually have a salad before or with each meal, so even on nights we’re not doing a casserole, I don’t always stress a ‘veggie’ per say.
And then those nights that we do have a side of broccoli, or cooked carrots, or peas etc, I tend to keep it either pretty plain or just tend to pay it no mind.
But we have heard your request! And this tian is always an instant hit at our table. It’s a great way to brighten up your table and your meal with a pop of color. It’s also a totally tasty way to get your veggies in.
If you’ve tried these PARMESAN VEGETABLE TIAN, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Parmesan Vegetable Tian
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini thinly sliced (1/8″)
- 1 medium yellow squash thinly sliced (1/8″)
- 1 medium baking potato thinly sliced (1/8″)
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes thinly sliced (1/8″)
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Use your cooking spray to lightly coat a pie pan or a small casserole dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Once hot, add the chopped onion and garlic, and cook until the onions are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer the onion mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread it out over the bottom of pan. Evenly arrange the sliced vegetables on top, alternating as you go. Once you get all the way around, continue layering to fill the middle until no open space remains.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil all over the layered veggies and sprinkle generously with Italian seasoning, before adding salt and pepper to taste. Cover with aluminum foil and bake covered at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan over top of the vegetables. Return the dish to the oven and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.