Thinly sliced pinwheels make a pretty appetizer that also tastes delicious, it’s the perfect thing to serve at gatherings and on game days. Don’t just go for the traditional meat and cheese combo, take your appetizer spread to the next level with these creamy avocado laced chipotle cheddar turkey wraps.
Where are all my fellow football fans at?
Now, I freely admit, while I love the game and can in fact follow along and all the rest, my favorite party about game day is the food. Hey, there’s no shame in my game 😉
And who doesn’t love a good excuse to make an entire meal out of appetizers, assorted snack foods, and chips and dip?
I love serving wraps because they’re simple to assemble and easy to throw together a the last minute. Like under 5 minutes quick.
Who wants to be stressed out on game day? Or make that any more stressed out if your team didn’t bring it that day.
These chipotle cheddar turkey wraps though have, most definitely, brought it. It’s bursting at the seams with flavor. The creamy (& healthy–shh don’t tell the guys) avocado yogurt sauce pairs perfectly with the tang from the sharp cheddar.
They’re rounded out with the addition of some of your favorite sliced turkey and tomatoes. Then we’ve sprinkled on some cilantro leaves and a pinch of Chipotle seasoning for the perfect amount of fresh color and kick.
If you’ve tried these CHIPOTLE CHEDDAR TURKEY WRAPS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Chipotle Cheddar Turkey Wraps
- 2 large flour tortillas burrito size
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 thin slices of cheddar cheese softened to room temp
- 1/2-1 tsp chipotle seasoning or more (to taste) if you’re feeling adventurous
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped tomatoes; Rotel diced Roma, or even sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves stems discarded, chopped
- Place the tortillas onto a clean, flat work surface, such as a cutting board or counter top.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, using a fork to mash everything together until evenly incorporated into a thick sauce.
- Spread the sauce out evenly, dividing it in half between both wraps, and remembering to leave a 1/4″ bare edge all the way around.
- Add the cheese slices (about 4 slices per wrap depending on the size) in an even, flat layer. It’s ok if you need to break the cheese in places to get it to properly cover the whole wrap.
- Evenly sprinkle each wrap with 1/2 the desired amount of chipotle seasoning.
- Evenly sprinkle each wrap with 1/4 cup of tomatoes.
- Evenly sprinkle each wrap with 1/4 cup of the fresh cilantro.
- Roll each wrap up tightly and position so that the seam side is facing down. Set the rolled wraps onto a plate and chill in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice each wrap into 1-inch slices and serve them immediately to a hungry crowd.