One of my guys go to appetizers when we eat out is spinach and artichoke dip. While I don’t always want to eat out, I do enjoy serving them their restaurant favorites from the comfort of my own kitchen. That, and they look at me like I’m a magical kitchen wizard which kinda tickles my fancy. So, several years ago, I set to work making a delicious at home version of their eat out favorite. Now, it’s become a recurring cast member at our annual celebrations, including holiday dinners and parties.
Now, are you looking for the perfect creamy, rich, and indulgent dip to share as a special treat with family? Or for a perfect Super Bowl appetizer that’s easy to prepare, but has guests thinking you’ve slaved away all day in the kitchen? Look no further than this recipe. This is the best Spinach and Artichoke dip I’ve ever had. I’m talking plate-licking good. Even better, it’s one of the easiest possible appetizers to make. Prep takes maybe 5 minutes, and that’s being generous. If you’re looking for something versatile, this is also the dip for you. My family enjoyed it for New Year’s Eve, and I served it with slices of a very crusty baguette. We’ve also enjoyed it with tortilla chips, crackers, mini toasts, and pretzels. Since it was for a special occasion I went with full fat ingredients but, if you’re looking for something more figure-friendly, you could easily shave off half of that by using the reduced fat, or non-fat counterparts.
Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 3 cups frozen spinach, finely chopped and drained, or more or less to desired consistency
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 6 oz can marinated artichoke hearts, finely chopped and rinsed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, or in a bowl with a spatula, mix all ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Transfer dip to a baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the edges are golden-brown.
- Serve with bread slices, tortilla chips, crackers, etc.