This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mixinmoments #CollectiveBias
Layers of fudgey brownie pieces, alternate with a rich and creamy 4 ingredient cookie butter mousse, and are topped with even more brownie crumbles. These Cookie Butter Brownie Trifles offer gourmet taste and a beautiful presentation that actually couldn’t be any simpler to whip up– even at the last minute.
School’s back in session, and with that- the return of busy schedules and full evenings of chaufferring kids, homework, and assorted practices and I love it. Waiting for that big yellow bus to pull in with the youngest son every afternoon, watching their minds bloom and dream about futures with endless possibilities, it’s the stuff that I live for.
That my friends, our kids’ love of learning, is something I want to celebrate. Even the small moments are cause for celebrating– anything that helps foster a lifelong love of learning. One of my favorite ways to celebrate? Sharing a little something sweet and a cold glass of milk. I remember doing the same with my grandma. We were always coming home to a plate full of warm cookies or a pan of brownies.
I really want my kids to look back and have those same sweet memories, but with how much is on their plates academically and the activities I have to juggle between them– time is just not on our side. Well, not normally anyway. When I was grocery shopping this weekend at Food Lion however, I noticed something NEW in the baking aisle– these NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® & More baking mixes for cookies and brownies. If the name itself wasn’t enough, the picture on the front of the box that had me drooling? That only confirmed that all four varieties were coming home with me.
With minimal effort on my part, these convenient box mixes enable me to whip up a tasty treat just in time for the kids to walk through the door in the afternoons. Whether you’re craving cookies or brownies, Nestlé® Toll House® has you covered. The four flavors are: Brownies & More with Butterfingers, Brownies & More with chocolate morsels, Cookies & More with Butterfingers, and Cookies & More with chocolate morsels. One thing’s for sure, now I’ll never be forced to choose between me or my kids busy schedules, and treating ourselves to dessert again. Simply stocking your pantry with a few of these mixes means warm cookies or brownies are never further than your fingertips.
Don’t stop there though, not when you can do so much more with them– like upgrade them to an equally easy dessert recipe that will really wow a crowd. Gourmet fudge brownies studded with rich morsels of chocolate are layered with a creamy whipped cookie butter mousse. Only four extra ingredients, and I’m a weeknight rock star as far as my family’s concerned thanks to these Cookie Butter Brownie Trifles.
The day I made these my husband had just come home from a long day, he was aching, hungry, and really needed a pick me up. I pushed a trifle on him, all but jumping on him and force feeding it to him. He took a bite, looked up at me, blinked a few times, and slowly took another bite. Then he let out this primitive groan of satisfaction an uttered a word I can’t safely repeat here. They are seriously that good. He couldn’t believe such rich and creamy flavor came from such a simple recipe.
Keep things simple and have a batch of cookies or a plate of brownies ready for the kids after school, even at the last minute. Or add in a few extras and bring something truly exceptional to the family dessert table with these Cookie Butter Brownie Trifles.
- 1 box NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Brownie Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, also ingredients required on box to bake brownies
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup creamy cookie butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the brownies according to the package directions. Let them cool completely before their next step.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add in the whipping cream, cookie butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Using the whisk attachment, mix on high until everything’s evenly incorporated and the whipping cream has thickened into a mousse-like texture, about 2-3 minutes.
- Crumble the cooled brownies over and into a bowl. To the bottom of 3 small trifle bowls or glasses, add a hearty layer of crumbled brownie pieces.
- Spoon a layer of cookie butter mousse over top of the crumbled brownies and use the back of the spoon to lightly spread it out evenly. Repeat one-two more times, as needed, and top with more crumbled brownie pieces.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready, and allow them to sit at room temperature a solid 5 minutes before serving.
Plan a trip to your local Food Lion and find these easy and convenient mixes in the baking aisle. Grab one, or one of each. Head on over here for more #mixinmoments inspiration and to see how you can cleverly use one mix in so many different ways. Don’t forget to sweeten the deal by grabbing this great Ibotta offer before heading out to the store.
Be sure to let me know what creative mix in ideas you come up with or what special moment you share with the new NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® baking mixes.