Whether you love ’em or hate ’em, EITHER WAY, Peeps play an iconic role in Easter candy every year and for sure in my kids’ Easter baskets. My husband swears there’s nothing greater than a stale peep and they all look forward to seeing the newest creations every year. I thought the Hubs would lose his mind when he discovered orange cream Peeps, dipped in Orange Cream fudge a few weeks ago. So yeah, Peeps. I thought I’d show him and the kids a new way to enjoy their favorite Easter treats: PEEPS Pudding Cups!
Pudding and PEEPS. It’s literally the perfect Easter treat. Colorful layers of vanilla pudding, separated by sprinkles are topped off with a fluffy layer of whipped cream with a fun marshmallow Peep on top.
And these were an especially favorite dessert in the lead-up to Easter specifically because they incorporated PEEPS, which the kids love. And again, whether it’s a love ’em or a leave ’em for you, you can’t deny how simply ‘fun’ they are.
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding, your favorite brand
- 2 cups cold milk
- food coloring
- pastel colored sprinkles
- whipped cream
- Peeps Chicks, or Peeps Bunnies
- Prepare the pudding following the package directions. •Divide the chilled pudding into equal amounts between three different cups or bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring and stir, until the desired paste; color is reached. Repeat with a different color for other two cups.
- Put a layer of the first color into each cup.
- Pour in a layer of sprinkles and spread out evenly over the first pudding layer.
- Repeat those steps for each of the other 2 pudding colors.
- Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and place a Peep on top before serving immediately.